Having three girls, there are things that as a man you just know, or don’t know.
I’ve been thinking about this for sometime and have come up with a list of things they’ve taught me.
Sometimes it’s just observing their bizarre womanly ways and sometimes I get a hands-on lesson.
- I can spot a Vera Bradley handbag from 100 paces. (yeah, I know. Scary)
- Orlando Bloom is hot, but Jensen Ackles (Supernatural) is way hotter.
- Folding laundry is quite natural now except when it comes to folding a bra.
- “I love you, Daddy,” loosely translated means, “I need something and you will get it for me.”
- Girls can be downright nasty to each other.
- Nothing dries tears quicker than a trip to Hollister.
- They know the ins and outs of Itunes way better than I do.
- They can use the T9 word when texting on their cell enabling them to send me the “Gettysburg Address” in less time than it takes me to text the word, “Ok” and hit send.
- There are countless stars in the sky, but every one has its place.
- Never honestly comment on a new hairstyle. Just say, “It looks very nice.”
- Not all facial moisturizers are created equal.
- Patience. (4 women getting ready to go out for a Saturday evening is excruciating)
Look for a future post and update.
Learning about women is an ongoing process and I’m still a beginning student, apt but beginning.
Good God, it’s true
It’s all about convenience, isn’t it?
And my personal favorite . . . (though it makes me wince)
Evyl and I have decided to offer our services to all the gentlemen types currently surfing the web looking for something interesting to read, watch or do.
We’ve started something of a manblog to be sure but it has so much more to offer than that.
At Evyl and Smoke there will be no syrupy sweet posts, no sentimentality and a no holds barred policy; a very different place than here at Smoke and Mirrors.
Oh, and absolutely ‘no bullshit’.
This is a place where I can let my hair down
(funny, so to speak, even though we’re two guys with cueball noggins)
Women, cigars, sports, beer, booze, good eats, guy gripes and chili recipes will rule the roost.
Both of us aren’t quite sure where this thing will go but it’s been a blast so far and we’ve decided to finally go public with it.
We’ll leave it up to you as far as linking to us.
We are, first and foremost, gentlemen. 😉
BTW- We decided on an anonymous system in terms of posting and commenting thinking it might offer a bit of devious fun because you’ll never really know who is who.
I’m honored beyond belief to team up with the likes of Evyl.
He pulls no punches yet you always know where you stand.
For now, I’ll just welcome you to our new abode: Evyl and Smoke
Stop by and at least say hi.
And yes, it’s most definitely a guy thing.
And that’s alright by me . . .
October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and I wanted to post to tell all you ladies that visit Smoke and Mirrors to PLEASE GET CHECKED!!!!
It’s important for so many reasons.
Early detection saves lives, period.
Please just do it.
I’ve lost several close friends to this insidious disease and I don’t want to lose anymore.
Check your body and check it often.
I pray for all of you, everyday.
A few risk factors you should know about:
- what you eat
- how much you weigh, and maintaining a healthy weight
- how much you exercise
- whether you smoke
- whether you drink alcohol and if so, how much and how frequently
- the types of chemicals in your environment
- whether you took hormone replacement therapy (HRT) for menopausal symptoms for five years or longer
As my dear friend Carnealian says, “Feel your Boobies!!!” . . . .
Click HERE to give some underprivileged woman a free mammogram